Yes, I do know this is the end of March! But I am still working on my resolutions.
- Pick one resolution, or one more than you completed last year. Your odds of staying focused improve.
- Look at last years list and evaluate where you failed. Too ambitious? Where did you give up? Use this self-knowledge to inform this year’s resolutions.
- Break any resolution into monthly goals so you have short term focus.
- Find a friend who can sign up to the same goal. We are social creatures, and our goals should be social.
- Write down the resolution and sign it. Writing has power.
- Put your written resolution somewhere useful (e.g. in front of the fridge)
- Have a daily positive task – mark off a day on a calendar every day you’ve met your resolution. You get a positive visual reminder you’re on your way.
- Divide further: simply make a resolution for January, and re-evaluate on Feb 1st.
1. go beyond superficial and connect to core values
2. be specific
3. have 0r get support
4. focus on one at a time
How are you doing with your New Year’s resolutions?
Blessings, ~Mrs. R (aka Aunt Mae)
Other posts you may be interested in: